Here’s the latest schedule, into the early winter months:
- Sunday 19th September, a fairly flat walk of 6.5 miles outside of the Elham Valley. Visiting the Majesty Oak, ‘one of the most impressive trees in Britain’. Meet 10am at Nonington, at the bus stop opposite Vicarage Lane (Map Ref E258 N519), it will take about three hours.
- Tuesday 28th September, The Wye Downs and woodland towards Crundale with its ancient church. A circular walk of 6 miles, with some hills to climb, allow 3 hours. Meet 10am at Wye Downs Nature Reserve car park (TN25 5HE and Map Ref E079 N453) Voluntary car parking charge.
- Sunday 17th October. Tour the Triennial Art Works of Folkestone, an easy 3.5 mile walk, of 2.5 hours. Meet 10am at East Cliff Pavilion car park, Wear Bay Road, Folkestone. (CT129 6BL)
- Tuesday 26th October starting at 10am. A walk of 5.7 miles meeting at the Lydden Bell pub (9CT15 7EX and Map Ref TR261 455) A circular hilly walk giving fabulous views with probably a brief drinks stop midway in Kearsney Abbey.
- Tuesday 9th November. A walk in the northern section of the valley starting 10am at Breach Down at the junction of South Barham Hill with the Elham Valley Road (Map Ref E203 N465). Walking towards Denton, Broome Court then the golf course and back to Gravel Castle, 5 miles in length.
- Sunday 21st November. A circular walk from Folkestone, initially along the beach towards the Warren then climbing the wooded path up to Capel Le Ferne, past the Battle of Britain Memorial and back to the East Cliff Pavilion, our starting point. Meet at 10am in the Pavilion car park, Wear Bay Road, Folkestone. (CT129 6BL)
For your diaries, one other walk scheduled for 19th December, details to follow. We look forward to seeing you.